Imagine being immersed in beautiful sounds that are healing to your body, mind and soul.
Singing bowl therapy is a modern way of describing an ancient sound healing practice. Modern because the term “singing bowl” is modern, ancient because the use of metallic objects to produce healing sounds goes back millennia. Addressing physical and psychological issues through the use of sound has moved from the purely esoteric to the area known as complementary and alternative medicine. Sound healing studies are being done and positive results have been reported. Because of their unique sonic characteristics, Tibetan medicine bowls healing properties are a part of this wider exploration.
Part meditation, part listening exercise, sound therapy is a healing vibrational experience done with Tibetan singing bowls, crystal bowls and mantra’s. Participants lay on a treatment table in face up or down position in private sessions or on the floor with yoga mat and blanket supported in savasana (corpse pose) during group sessions, letting the waves of sound wash over you.
Private treatments allow for the Napoleon singing bowls, Tibetan medicine to be placed directly on the body, Crystal bowls and mantra’s for deeper state of healing trance.
Proponents suggest that sound bathing calms our often overstimulated nervous systems and balances the subtle body. (If you’re not familiar with the subtle body: it’s also known as the energetic body, where our life force – Qi or Chi – exists.) Sound bathing is said to work both the physical body and the subtle body to help heal depression, anxiety, PTSD, chronic pain, and insomnia, and to deepen meditation and spark creativity.
Tibetan Sound Bath Therapy
A Sound Bath can be an unforgettable experience for those who seek deep relaxation, rejuvenation and an acceleration of their inward journey. Time is suspended as you enter a world of vibration, sensation and experience. Physical injuries can be healed and old emotional traumas released. Great insights can be accessed. You feel truly, vibrantly alive. Once you’ve had your first Sound Bath you’ll want more.
The meditative state of sound therapy:
- Deep relaxation, accompanied by the release of endorphins in the blood;
- Balancing of the left and right brain hemispheres
- Reaching the state of inner peace impacting your well-being
- Improving the functional state of the body
- Releasing the stress
- Accelerating the recovery
- Increasing the ability to learn
- It will start the mechanisms of rehabilitation (self-healing) of the human body
- Sound therapy will impact and improve your immune system
- It has beneficial effect on the liquid and the connective tissues of the body (lymph, blood); On a psychological level, by opening the sensual level and unlocking the places of tension in the body, the repressed unconscious feelings resulting from trauma will be released
- Balancing the human energy field; It will promote deeper and more restful sleep, relieves headache, fatigue, insomnia, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, complex or muscle pain, menstrual disorders, emotional imbalances
Le Spa Fit's Tibetan Sound Bath Therapy is performed by ordained Buddhist, Menla Venerable Avolakita (aka Kelly Wood).